To enroll your student at EKA, you must both register online AND complete the enrollment process at EKA as specified below.
NEW: Nevada State Online Registration
Online registration is now required for all students enrolling in Nevada public schools. Online registration has begun for all students entering kindergarten through 12th grade next school year.
Please note that CCSD does not provide transportation for students to or from EKA. All transportation must be arranged or provided by the parents or guardians of EKA students.
Registration will be completed through your Parent Portal account. The online application can be completed from home at campus.ccsd.net/campus/portal. If you have any questions regarding online registration or accessing your Parent Portal account, please email us at email@example.com.
Families New to the Clark County School District:
Register from home on the CCSD website at register.ccsd.net. Parents registering from home must have an active personal email account. If you do not have a personal email account, or if you have questions regarding the online registration process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 702-870-5032.
EKA Enrollment Information:
EKA is currently accepting applications for enrollment for the 2015 – 2016 school year. We are now accepting applications for grades K-10. EKA does not accept new enrollments for students in 11th or 12th grade unless they have previous project based learning experience and are not credit deficient by 4 or more credits.
While considering enrolling your student at EKA, please review our Discipline, Attendance, and Dress Code policies which are more strict than local school district policies. Attendance at EKA is a high priority and is closely monitored by administration.
For enrollment paperwork, please stop by our offices during our summer hours (Mon-Thurs, 8am to 2pm) to pick up an enrollment packet. If you have questions regarding enrollment, please contact us at 702-870-5032, or fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
Enrollment at the charter school is conducted as follows:
- Placement priority is given to students currently enrolled in the charter school.
- At the conclusion of this process we will open enrollment to the public by filling any openings on a first come first served basis.
- Once the charter school reaches capacity, students seeking admission will be placed on a waiting list with vacancies filled through a lottery.
- Once students have been selected they will be contacted by the enrollment office to confirm their interest in attending EKA, and to complete the enrollment process.
When completing the enrollment process for your child, you will be required to provide and/or complete the following information:
There are expectations and a commitment from the students/families that attend EKA and every family will be asked to sign a contract that states their acceptance and understanding of these commitments.
Proof of child’s identify
- Original birth certificate
- Certified birth card (issued by the Clark County Health District or another health district.)
- A copy of the Parent / Guardian Drivers License.
- A copy of any 504 or IEP plans if applicable.
- A copy of any custody/guardianship documentation.
Proof of immunizations:
- You must have records indicating that your child has had, or at least started, this series of immunizations:
- Four (4) DPT Shots (Add one more if last dose was given before fourth birthday.)
- Three (3) Polio Doses (Add one more if last dose was given before fourth birthday.)
- Two (2) MMR Shots (one dose must be given on or after the first birthday. A second dose is required for entry into kindergarten and first grade.)
For students new to Nevada schools, whether entering school for the first time or transferring from another state:
- Two Hepatitis A Shots (2nd dose must be given at least 6 months after the 1st dose.)
- Three Hepatitis B Shots (Must have a minimum of 4 months between 1st and 3rd dose.) Chickenpox (Varicella) shots (2nd shot only required if 1st shot given after the age of 13 years. Minimum of two months spacing between shots required.) Students are exempt from the Varicella immunization if they have had the chicken pox.
Please be advised that the Nevada State Health Division has mandated a new vaccine requirement as follows:
Beginning June 30, 2008, children entering the 7th grade of both public and private schools must be vaccinated against Bordetella pertussis (whooping cough). This is a new vaccination called Tdap. Unless excused because of medical or religious reasons (or if has been less than two years since their last DPT shot), all 7th graders MUST have this shot before they can attend school.
Kindergarten students must have attained the age of 5 years old by Sept. 30, 2015.
First-grade students must have attained the age of 6 years old by Sept. 30, 2015 and demonstrate proof of completing kindergarten at a public, state-licensed private, state-exempt private, or approved home school program.
Demonstrate proof of completing kindergarten and promotion to first grade while being a resident of another state in compliance with the age and entrance requirements of that state. Proof must be verified through a report card issued by the out-of-state public or private school.
Second-grade students must have attained the age of 7 years old by Sept. 30, 2015 and demonstrate proof of completing kindergarten and first grade at a public, state-licensed private, state-exempt private, or approved home school program.
School fees, if any, will need to be paid prior to the completion of enrollment.