PLEASE NOTE: Fall 2014 Enrollment is now closed. Enrollment for Second Semester, commencing January 7, 2015, will begin in December 2014.
EKA will be accepting registration applications for the second semester of this school year in December, 2014. Students grades 6 – 10 only MUST attend orientation with a family member before they can be considered for enrollment. Parents of students grades K-5 must attend an orientation before their student will be considered for enrollment. See New Student Orientations for more information.
EKA does not accept new enrollments for students in 11th or 12th grade unless they have previous project based learning experience and are not credit deficient by 4 or more credits.
Enrollment at the charter school is conducted as follows:
- Placement priority is given to students currently enrolled in the charter school
- At the conclusion of this process we will open enrollment to the public by filling any openings on a first come first served basis.
- Once the charter school reaches capacity, students seeking admission will be placed on a waiting list with vacancies filled through a lottery.
- Once students have been selected they will be contacted by the enrollment office to confirm their interest in attending EKA, and to complete the enrollment process.
When completing the enrollment process for your child, you will be required to provide and/or complete the following information:
There are expectations and a commitment from the students/families that attend EKA and every family will be asked to sign a contract that states their acceptance and understanding of these commitments.
Proof of child’s identify
- Original birth certificate
- Certified birth card (issued by the Clark County Health District or another health district.)
- A copy of the Parent / Guardian Drivers License.
- A copy of any 504 or IEP plans if applicable.
- A copy of any custody/guardianship documentation.
Proof of immunizations:
- You must have records indicating that your child has had, or at least started, this series of immunizations:
- Four (4) DPT Shots (Add one more if last dose was given before fourth birthday.)
- Three (3) Polio Doses (Add one more if last dose was given before fourth birthday.)
- Two (2) MMR Shots (one dose must be given on or after the first birthday. A second dose is required for entry into kindergarten and first grade.)
For students new to Nevada schools, whether entering school for the first time or transferring from another state:
- Two Hepatitis A Shots (2nd dose must be given at least 6 months after the 1st dose.)
- Three Hepatitis B Shots (Must have a minimum of 4 months between 1st and 3rd dose.) Chickenpox (Varicella) shots (2nd shot only required if 1st shot given after the age of 13 years. Minimum of two months spacing between shots required.) Students are exempt from the Varicella immunization if they have had the chicken pox.
Please be advised that the Nevada State Health Division has mandated a new vaccine requirement as follows:
Beginning June 30, 2008, children entering the 7th grade of both public and private schools must be vaccinated against Bordetella pertussis (whooping cough). This is a new vaccination called Tdap. Unless excused because of medical or religious reasons (or if has been less than two years since their last DPT shot), all 7th graders MUST have this shot before they can attend school.
Additional Forms to be completed include:
- Emergency Card
- Academic Records Form
- Student Records Request Form
- Income Survey
- Health Card
- Network Access Form
- Before/After School program Interest Survey
Lab/class/project fees, if any, will need to be paid prior to the completion of enrollment